Welcome to the Aviation & Safety Department. We’re excited to have you as a student in one of our certificate or degree programs. What makes us different from other Universities with an aviation program are:
- We have our own Cessna 172S aircraft equipped with state-of-the-art G-1000 glass cockpit. Students fly at more than 40% discount from the average rates at other flight schools.
- We are located adjacent to the Opa-Locka Airport, giving our students easy access to their flight school.
- Our faculty have many years of practical experience working in the industry.
- Our Air Traffic Control program has its own tower that overlooks the airport and simulators that replicate how the FAA controls aircraft.
- We offer thousands of dollars in scholarships for our aviation students.
- We provide outstanding internship and mentorship opportunities for our students. We have partnerships with:
- American Airlines
- Miami International Airport
- Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
- Spirit Airlines
Building on our legacy of leadership in South Florida, we are committed to providing students with a world-class University education which opens the door to greater economic mobility and professional advancement through innovative programs that provide greater access to the aviation community and subsequently, jobs.